Friday, March 21, 2014

The One That Got Away

The One That Got Away
Defendant:  *Walks in*
 
Plaintiff:*Walks in*
 
Both: *Swears on the Bible*
 
Judge: Okay, let's get this over with. State your case Mrs. Johanson (Plaintiff)
 
 Plaintiff: Thank you your honor. On March 31st 2013 I saw Miss Dandler at her workplace, a zoo...
 
Defendant: Objection! I work with an exotic menagerie! Not a zoo!
 
Judge: Sustained. Please continue Mrs. Johanson
 
Plaintiff: Thank you. You see, Miss Dandler and I used to be friends, actually, the best of friends.
So I frequently went into the back, where they keep all of the animals that are hurt or dying.
I didn't like going back there, but I wanted to find her.
So I walked through the rows and rows of animals in dismal conditions.
I was wondering what could do such terrible things.
Then I heard something terrible.
Yelping and screams of pain.
I ran and ran, until I saw it.
I saw Miss Dandler torturing a poor, defenseless animal.
 
Defendant: *Gives an incredulous look and scoffs*
 
Plaintiff: I Lurked near the sight just to make sense of what was happening.
Then the yelping stopped.
I peered around the corner and saw the animal without it's head.
I started sobbing immediately.
She heard me, I could tell because I heard shuffling around the corner.
I instantly bolted.
 
Defendant: Objection!
 
Judge: What is it this time Miss Dandler?
 
Defendant: This is preposterous! She has no proof!
 
Judge: Mrs. Johanson? Do you have any proof to back up your allegation?
 
Plaintiff: Well, not exactly.
 
Judge: Well hen why did you even bother coming to court? Never mind that.
Miss Dandler, do you have anything to say?
 
Defendant: Yes your honor. All of this is a lie.
I wasn't even in the back on March 31st.
I was doing a presentation on why we should have koala bears!
I even have proof.
 
Defendant: *Hands the judge proof*
 
Judge: *Reads proof*

Judge: Yes this is conclusive proof that you were busy all of March 31.
 Miss Dandler's explanation seems plausible.
I find the defendant... not guilty.
Though I will be keeping a scrupulous eye on you both.
Case Dismissed
 
But the fact is, Mrs. Johanson knew what she saw.
           And now a murderer is free.


No comments:

Post a Comment